Head of department teaching and learning:
Telephone: (07) 4037 5222
Every day our staff at Trinity Bay State High School deliver the very best teaching to ensure that our students are equipped to work in an increasingly interconnected world.
The head of department teaching and learning:
- promotes a philosophy of staff learning, development and growth.
- ensures that learning is articulated in a coherent educational framework which outlines the Standards of Practice for effective teaching and learning.
- supports academic staff to meet the requirements of the ACARA General Capabilities.
- models and supports evidence based teaching and learning.
- collaborates with other leaders to ensure high capability development of all staff.
- implement appropriate collaborative relationships with relevant educational institutions and various external agencies regarding education and pedagogy.
- involves staff, students and parents in collaborative decision making processes where appropriate regarding education and pedagogy.
- works with the relevant members of the Leadership Teams to enhance the use of student data to improve student outcomes.
Key areas that respond to these responsibilities are:
- explicit teaching.
- literacy coaching.
- classroom profiling.
- mentoring of teachers.
- management of pre-service teachers.
- data analysis for improved student outcomes.
- academic mentoring.
- professional development.