Telephone: (07) 4037 5228
The science department is an accredited science school of excellence and our classes are taught in modern professional facilities. The science department offers a wide range of science subjects including the national curriculum based 7 to 10 science course. The school offers the science academy program. Gifted science students and high achieving students with a passion for science are encouraged to apply here.
Years 7 to 9 subject choices
Year 10, 11 and 12 subject choices
- marine science with strong links to Orpheus island research base and James Cook University (general subject).
- physics with highly experienced teachers (general subject).
- chemistry (general subject).
- biology (general authority subject).
- earth and environmental science (general subject).
- psychology (general subject)
- aquatic practices (applied subject)
- certificate III in health services assistance (applied subject)
- online astronomy program through school links to the School of Astronomy and Astrophysics.
As a science school of excellence we have a simple responsibility to ensure that if it is happening in science, we are all involved. In this way from excursions, camps, guest presenters, competitions we extend ourselves and our students to ensure opportunities do not pass us by. We believe we are second to none in the depth and breadth of what we offer in science to students.
Coursework plans are provided so parents and students can be informed and engage in our curriculum.
Course planners 2019 - years 7 to 9
Course planners 2019 - years 10 to 12