Head of department junior secondary is:
Telephone: (07) 4037 5267
Junior secondary at Trinity Bay State High School includes all students in years 7, 8 and 9. Students will have an opportunity to encounter specialist teachers and facilities, however, there will be greater emphasis on the mastery of the basics through foundation literacy and numeracy studies.
The six guiding principles of junior secondary will continue to be the focus of the junior secondary team which include:
- student wellbeing
- distinct identity
- quality teaching
- parent and community involvement
- local decision making
The transition phase from primary to secondary is also well supported including:
- specialised teachers within the teaching areas
- focus on student wellbeing
- social and emotional development through specific Tbay way lessons
- Various extra curricula activities including inter form competitions
Our goal is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment that allows students to develop and strengthen their knowledge and skills in order to prepare them academically, socially and emotionally for their future endeavours.